Boomerang
I was getting so excited to greet Andrea in McMurdo this afternoon. Her flight left this morning, but the wind kicked up and the visibility went down so they couldn't land and she should be back on her way to Christchurch for another night. I'm actually sort of jealous she's got a boomerang under belt already. Well, hopefully tomorrow she'll come in. It also means a lot of the winter-overers aren't getting out to today, so you've got to feel for them. Today is -9F with -51F windchill.
I had a bit of freak out this morning when we had a foreman's meeting. Last year, my coworker Mike and I were sharing the facilities engineering job in town, but this year he is working from Denver. He's still doing quite a lot of stuff, but when they introduced me at the meeting as the "Facilities Engineer" I nearly lost my breakfast and I realized I'm going to get a lot of work this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment