Thanksgiving!
The parade of Thanksgivings continues. Yesterday was our official Thanksgiving, but it was work work work, so who really cares. I helped out in the galley washing pots and cutting bread for stuffing after work which was quite nice especially when I got 'paid' with 6 avacados which I made into guacamole for work today. But I was so tired that I took a nap at 8:00pm and then couldn't sleep later on. So I stayed up and ate dinner at midnight with Andrea who now has 4 days in a row off and they are right over Thanksgiving weekend. Not fair! Anyway, it's hard to remember that it is a holiday in the states while I'm plowing away at work, but tomorrow is our first Saturday off of the season and our Thanksgiving meal is going to be awesome so I'm antsy to get the holidays rolling. It should be an active weekend. The Turkey Trot race is tomorrow morning followed by snowboarding with Taryn. On Sunday they are dropping people off at Cape Evans which is 14 miles away and then we can either ski or run back to McMurdo. I think it would be nice to get out of town but I'm an alternate so I'll only go if someone else can't wake up, which will probably happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment