Auroras... Barely
I guess you can tell who is going on their first winter here, because we're jumping out of our skin at the sight of whispy tails of faint green light that's been coming up every once in a while. I saw my first ones last night coming out of SPT. At first I thought it was steam coming out of ICL, until I realized they don't have a boiler out there, and then it started slowing moving across the sky, converging and diverging and sometimes looking a tad on the green side. Unfortunately it was tough to walk all the way back to station sideways, but I was pretty captivated and can't imagine them lighting up the entire sky.
This week was one long week with plenty of work to go around. I walked out to the science (dark) sector about 6-7 times, which was nice for a change, but the last day or two it's been windy so it loses its novelty when your face mask gets all hard and crusty and your skin is burning.
We had another 'ladies' night this evening which was really fun. We indulged in a bunch of girly stuff and I painted my toenails for the first time in a long, long time. I messed up my sleep schedule once again last night when some of us tried to do taxes, but after some missing forms (like my w2) and spotty internet, we just sat around and talked past midnight instead. Which leads me into this evening and my 1:00am workout I'm about to go do.
No comments:
Post a Comment