The Waiting Game
I wish I had some good thoughts for my last day at work. It's been very hectic getting ready to leave and I'm still finishing up things for work before I'm supposed to leave this afternoon. The flights keep getting pushed back, this time for McMurdo weather, so we'll see what happens. All I know is that whether I am still here or not, I will be done with my job and ready to go to Central America.
It's definitely our time to go. I just walk around station like I always have and I have ended up bumping into or nearly blindsiding all kinds of people. Station is heavy with new folks and we already feel as if we've been squeezed our of our community. Since the last flight of winter-overs didn't make it out 2 days ago, they are all lumped into our flight too, so after this flight, there will only be a few winter scientist stragglers around.
Sort of a mixed blessing: I got the crud (bad cold) a couple days ago. Not fun since I was still trying to finish everything up, but ok now, because I think I'm nearly over it, so I won't be too sick when I get to Christchurch.
I'll come up with a better post season review later I suppose.
No comments:
Post a Comment