I Have Arrived in NZ
I got to New Zealand yesterday and only about 4 hours late. Our Auckland flight got cancelled so our group disbursed throughout several flights and we all arrived in Christchurch at random times yesterday afternoon. Highlights included: A row to myself from LAX to Auckland, sleeping nearly the entire overseas flight, spotting the actor who plays Cory's dad on 'Boy Meets World' in the Auckland airport, meeting people I never met despite them being in the program for years, getting handed $450NZ when I landed, receiving my lost luggage only 2 hours after my flight, having to check into a nice hotel because all the cheap ones were taken.
I hung out with some friends for a sushi dinner and went to bed around 11:00pm because I was wiped out. The flights are already all messed up which is a good sign for some 'paid vacation'. No flights have made it down yet and I'm on the 4th passenger flight so as the first ones get delayed my departure gets bumped back too. I think I have a good chance at seeing Andrea when she comes through! Snowboarding is on the roster for tomorrow. Now, I've got to go get my clothing issued and then get some last minute shopping done. It's so nice to know my way around this city this year!
Our bags ready to go in the CDC (Clothing Distribution Center).
No comments:
Post a Comment