Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Sleepwalking Mode

Some things never change: like the fact that I opted to go out for a late dinner with friends and then had to stay up all night to finish packing, only to find that I was still over my luggage weight limit. (How does that work when I already sent myself 3 boxes?) I finally went to bed at 6:00am, but then Sara called at 6:19am from Beijing and after that, it was time to get up again (well worth it, Sara!). I sent a few more things out at the post office, and then headed back to another couple hours of boring orientation this morning. We had about 35 people in our group and surprisingly only 3 new people, so the general vibe was "Wow, this is pointless!" especially when we got to the "Life on the Ice" section which was led by a woman who has never even been there. I leave in an hour and cannot wait to get on that plane and finally get some sleep! I'll be writing soon from the other side.

No comments: