Friday, November 03, 2006

Building Walls

Wrapping up my 4th week here. It's been a strange one. I started getting sick on Saturday morning, and have felt like I'm starting to get sick ever since, without having the full-on Crud. My roommate has it too now, but since she works in the kitchen, they sent her home. I can't do too much damage sitting at my desk alone I guess. The roommate situation is sort of sticky at times. We have a role reversal going on. She is over 50 and involved in a couple volatile relationships. She brings guys over until late or else stays out until after midnight. I on the other hand, I always sleep alone and in the same place and try to be in bed before 10:30pm. We've had a couple conversations about it and I think we have some ground rules down, or maybe just one ground rule: Only two people can sleep in this room at night. Our styles are so different. We have the room split in half and I have the front half and she has the back. The 'wall' has been getting thicker and thicker and higher and higher.

On Wednesday night, I got an invite to play poker at Southern. It had been awhile, but I went, and came out with $50 and a new reputation. Here's the competition: Andy, Chad, Seth, Ezra and Jesse.

No comments: