Friday, November 10, 2006

Weekend Trip

Good Morning America
ABC
Monday November 13
7-9 AM (Mountain Time?)

Diane Sawyer is scheduled to interview scientist Gretchen Hoffman, live from McMurdo.

I think they are going to do a clip of town people as well, but that is super early here, about 2:00am on Tuesday morning, so we'll see if I make it out (Andrea should be up then).

I'll be gone from Saturday to Monday for a job interview at the South Pole. (Don't get to say that everyday). We'll see where this leads, but I assume I'll be down here for quite awhile.

There is a science group measuring the effects of high altitude on the human body (why they can't do this to people who are flying from Seattle to CO, I'm not really sure). They are drawing blood from and monitoring people who are headed to the Pole (11,000ft pressure equivalent). So I have a monitor strapped to my arm for the next 4 days so they can track my heart rate, blood flow, etc while I'm at sea level and at the Pole. Anyway, I'm excited for a trip out of town and I'm glad I know a handful of people there that I can visit. I'll post my hero shot (with the offical "South Pole") when I get back.

For those of you who already thought I WAS at the Pole, here is a visualization:

No comments: